Sorry my videos are so informal…I would feel funny speaking to you guys formally!
Anyways, this video is all about this “diet” being a lifestyle (as I am sure you got from the title). So I am sorry that I am not telling you that if you eat like this for a month you can eat crap again and be just as in shape and awesome. That is a pile of BS and I won’t feed that to you. This way of eating is forever. Of course some days will be better than others and some days will be worse! And some days will be…well lets just say way worse.
Happy video watching! (Aren’t you happy I spend my Friday nights with you all?)
See you at the box!
P.S this is my cake along with recipe
This was in the paleo comfort foods book but it actually isn’t very paleo…well it wasn’t paleo the way I made it. (I used regualr butter and the chocolate I used had some sugar in it- it was 90% dark so very little sugar but sugar nonetheless! Hence my word of caution in the video about this “paleo porn”)
14 oz dark chocolate (used 90%)
14 tbsp butter (a little less than one cup)
1/4 cup brewed coffee
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp chipotle powder (optional)
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
***just a note about the spices…this cake is SUPER SPICY! I would probably use half the amount of spice next time- if you don’t like spice don’t use it at all!***
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. Line a spring form pan (8-9inch) with parchment and grease the sides. Take a large piece of aluminum foil and wrap it tightly around the pan to prevent water from leaking in during the water bath.
3. Beat eggs for about 7 minutes until they have doubled in size.
4. At the same time, melt butter, chocolate and coffee in LARGE glass bowl (you’ll be adding the rest of the ingredients into this bowl later). Microwave for 30 second intervals at a time stirring in between.
5. Once melted, fold egg into chocolate mixture slowly to ensure no egg streaks.
6. Add in coconut flour to chocolate mixture.
7. Add vanilla, chipotle, and cayenne.
8. Place mixture into spring form pan.
9. Place spring form pan into roasting pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the spring form pan.
10. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cake reaches 140F. Do not overcook this cake, it will taste like….garbage!
11. Remove cake from oven and invert on cooling rack.